Wednesday, February 16, 2011

sheila hicks

looking at
the fiber art
jackets at suno again
i realized i'd never
done a post on sheila hicks

she is one of my greatest influences
and inspired my initial weaving desires
there was a physical shift in my mind
the first time i saw her work
in a library book as a wee one...
i had been obsessed with learning
fiber arts from my great grandmother
but this...this was an entirely
different dimension.

french commissions

Photobucket


Photobucket


japan

Photobucket


weaving as metaphor

Photobucket


Photobucket


her studio
divine

Photobucket




photos: sheilahicks.com
& weaving as a metaphor

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow stop me if you think that youve heard this one before...

Labels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
my life and the things i hold dear. Photos© Niki Livingston all photos that are not my own are used for inspiration only.