Thursday, February 17, 2011

entropy

jim kazanjian's
entrancing images
and
equally enthralling
artist statement

am interested in a kind
of “entropic” image, an image
that has the capacity to
de-familiarize itself.
My current work is an attempt
to unravel the photograph and play
with established notions of time,
space,
and the understanding of
what gives things context.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket


Through fragmentation and re-composition
of the photographic space,
the non-linear nature of reading the image
is folded in on itself.
The structure of the photograph is
unwound and reshuffled.
This reshaping becomes an iterative process
that spurs the generation
of something altogether different.

Something ineffable.


my mind instantly
links to
the bewitching
work of ben wolf


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow stop me if you think that youve heard this one before...

Labels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
my life and the things i hold dear. Photos© Niki Livingston all photos that are not my own are used for inspiration only.