Friday, August 12, 2011

nudibranchs and other creatures

saturday night
my endlessly
endearing
weaving teacher
has a show opening
at future studio gallery
7-10

NUDIBRANCHS AND OTHER CREATURES
CAROLYN POTTER: Crochet, Polymer Clay & Gourd Sculptures

“Nudibranchs/sea slugs have taken over my life.
These bizarre, colorful sea creatures that live on reefs in the ocean are my obsession.
I have used sea slugs to inspire my students to make polymer clay sculptures.
My sister brought back a book on the reefs of Indonesia after diving in Borneo.
I was in love.
Page after page of flatworms and nudibranchs.
What color. What form. What fun.”

Photobucket




No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow stop me if you think that youve heard this one before...

Labels

About Me

My photo
my life and the things i hold dear. Photos© Niki Livingston all photos that are not my own are used for inspiration only.