Friday, May 20, 2011

a baby: tonight

seeing
the legend
maro akaji
perform
for my
first time
at the
red cat tonight

this will be his
first solo performance
in la since the 80's
can you say psyched.



Photobucket



maro akaji
is modern butoh
he was a major player
in the japanese underground
theatre scene in the 60's
while studying under Tatsumi Hijikata
he then upped the ante
bye forming dairakudakan
and creating the theatrical form
he'll be performing tonight
with masters in their on right
katsura kan and kogut

counting the hours until 8:30
i think i'll diy dry dye my hair pink for the occasion
of butoh we know today

No comments:

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow stop me if you think that youve heard this one before...

Labels

About Me

My photo
my life and the things i hold dear. Photos© Niki Livingston all photos that are not my own are used for inspiration only.